Located 35 miles southwest of downtown Denver, Conifer is an unincorporated community in Jefferson County. Conifer has an approximate population of 9,000. With its convenient location to Denver and the surrounding areas, many of its residents work in the Denver metro area.
Conifer sits at an elevation of 8,277 feet with 245 days of sunshine and 95 inches of snow per year. Conifer has a classic mountaintown climate with summer averages of 80 degrees and winter lows around 10 degrees.
- 55 miles from Denver International Airport in Aurora, Colorado.
- 35 miles from Downtown Denver – Union Station (A line to Airport).
- 20 miles from Golden light rail station with free parking (W line to Denver metro).
- 25 miles from Littleton light rail station with free parking (D and C lines to Denver metro).
- 2 major grocery stores, plus over 20 local and chain restaurants, located in Conifer.
- 285 Winterfest– an annual event on the last Saturday of February, featuring competitions for Beer Brewing, Snow Tubing, and Snowman Carving, and events like a craft brew crawl and a free family movie night.
- OctoBEERfest– an annual event in September featuring local beer and appetizer tastings, with a competition for best beer voted on by each taster.
- Conifer Historical Society and Museum– dedicated to sharing Conifer’s rich history by compiling, conserving, and displaying the region’s historical and cultural artifacts.
Leisure and Adventure
- Mountain Biking– 83 miles of mountain biking trails.
- Pike National Forest– cabin rentals and tent camping with picnic areas and scenic views, hiking trails, rock climbing, fishing and horseback riding, water activities and winter sports.
- Meyer Ranch Park– over 4 miles of trails covering 667 acres, ideal for biking, hiking, cross-country skiing, sledding, and snowshoeing.
- Blizzard Mountain Pinball– over 30 pinball machines made between 1979 and 2019, available to host parties and events.
- Denver Adventures– ziplining and guided mountain tours, like rock climbing, white water rafting, snowshoeing, and more.
- Bear Mountain Stables– guided horseback riding and petting zoo, available to host small parties and events.
- The Colorado Trail– hiking, biking, and horse riding available on this 485 mile trail that reaches from Denver to Durango.