5 Easy Ways to Increase Your Home Value
You will hear lots of different opinions on what sells homes fast. Some say that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses, which may be true—but don’t worry if you don’t have thousands lying around for major renovations.
There are a few simple, inexpensive things you can do to increase your home’s value before putting it on the market.
1. Declutter major areas. It’s amazing what kind of stuff you have in your house that you didn’t even know you had or that serves no purpose. Check office areas and kitchen counters for old papers and mail to toss, and utilize stylish baskets to organize playrooms and living areas. Kids’ rooms can be the hardest to declutter, so start early.
2. Stage it for showings. Research good staging tips, and prepare your home for showings before it’s even listed. That might mean purchasing new bath mats and linens, putting away family photos and personal mementos, more decluttering, and investing in a top-to-bottom deep-clean of the house. Make it universally appealing, warm and inviting.
3. Switch up the lighting. If you live in an older home, look up. Are your ceiling fans dated? Modern fixtures in dining rooms, living spaces, kitchens and bathrooms can do wonders for a home’s overall appeal.
4. Landscape. No green thumb? Hire a lawn expert to get your front yard looking good. First impressions are key when selling a home. Flowers out front, a lush, green lawn and a new front mat scream “buy me.” And they don’t break the bank!
5. Ditch carpet. If you’re going to splurge, this is a good area to do it. Because carpet is hard to keep clean and often unsightly, consider putting in hardwood floors or engineered wood. Add pretty rugs throughout the house for a more cohesive look.
If you want exceptional, personalized service when selling or buying a home, call the Sylvia Dorrance Group at (303) 596-7296. Our real estate professionals are committed to providing an amazing experience for our clients!